We have almost made it to the end of 2020. Are you surprised? Or, maybe a little relieved? I like to take time at the end of the year to simply reflect on what the year has brought. That might seem a little twisted given the craziness that was 2020, but hey let’s do it anyway!
At RoomReady, we asked all our employees to do this reflection and let us know some of the bright spots that they experienced this year. The responses blew us away! Not only did our people survive, but they thrived. From increasing their knowledge during slow work weeks to reconnecting with their family during the week furlough that we all took, our folks stayed grateful and approached these situations as opportunities.
Additionally, there were some bright spots in our business that we are super proud of this year. Here are a few:
- We rolled out profit sharing to our employees (in the middle of a pandemic even!)
- Opened an office in Brooklyn, New York
- Activated our largest support contract to date
- Consistently hit or exceeded our gross profit goal
- Designed and installed our largest Poly solution to date
- Paid off all debt except our overall SBA business funding loan
There is so much to be grateful for this year. I encourage you all to take some time and think about what bright spots you have from 2020. Then, share them with your team, your family, and your friends….spread a little joy.
All the best,