RoomReady Designated as a Member of a Critical Infrastructure Industry
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has identified critical infrastructure industries that will remain in operation during the COVID-19 pandemic. RoomReady is classified in one of these critical industries, Communications. We will continue to work to keep your businesses going by equipping you with video conferencing solutions.
Additionally, each state has guidelines that we must abide by for both our owned workplaces and those places in which we do work. RoomReady has physical locations in three states: Illinois, New York, and Oregon. And, we do work nationwide. We will continue to take the necessary precautions and work in compliance with the state guidelines to ensure that we are doing what’s best for our employees and our customers.
Each day we are diligently tracking the changes that are happening with the “stay in place” orders and the guidelines for each state. Since RoomReady has been classified as in an “essential industry”, we are figuring out how best to keep our customers in business while diligently taking the necessary precautions to keep our employees and theirs as safe as possible. We are thankful to be considered an essential business and want to act responsibly in conducting our work.
Our Physical Locations
We have physical locations in three states: Illinois, New York, and Oregon. Our employees that can work from home are working from home as of 3/23/20. For employees whose jobs require them to report to one of our locations, we are limiting the number of people in that location and practicing the recommended social distancing guidelines.
The nature of our work means some RoomReady workers will need to be on-site at customer locations. In these instances, we are equipping them with information on the customer’s and state’s protocols. We are verifying these immediately before the job as things are changing quickly. We will honor any customers that wish to delay on-site work by suppliers such as RoomReady and will work to shift projects to accommodate.
- All non-essential travel has been eliminated.
- No employee will be made to travel if they are uncomfortable.
- Employees are asked if they or household member have returned from or travelled through a high-risk area (CDC defined level 3 area) or are experiencing any symptoms of illness to report this to their manager.
- Employees are asked to inform their manager of any travel planned by them or someone in their household.
- Employees are to stay at home if they are sick or have recently been sick.
- Employees are to report sickness or exposure that requires self-quarantine.
Cleaning and Interactions
- Everyone inside our locations and on jobsites are asked to do the following:
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your arm.
- Avoid touching your face.
We are grateful for the continued opportunity we have to help our customers keep their businesses running both remotely and in offices. Should you have questions about the precautions we are taking or want to figure out a way to better equip your employees for remote work, please let us know.
All the best,